Ladies- I am so bummed, but it just doesn't look good. The Eldora cam shows some pools of water on the ground and hail so I am certain we'd be damaging the trails even if the sky stays blue (60% chance it won't though). So, I am sad to say this week's ride is canceled.
But, the Gurlz still like being social...so join us for dinner instead! Meet at the Walnut Brewery (1123 Walnut St.) at 6 p.m. Comment here if you plan to join so we have enough seats for everyone. The Walnut is very particular about not seating the party until everyone is there, so be prompt!
Gurlz-This week we'll make the worthwhile trek up to Nederland and ride the Dot trails from the Magnolia Trail parking lot. The Dot trails are intermediate, flowy, fun single track, with some rocky and loose sections. The views are incredible and if you love aspen trees, you'll love this trail! Because of drive time, we won't ride super long, so that we have time to eat, be social and still get home before it's too late.
To carpool, meet at the Justice Center parking lot and be ready to go by 5:10 p.m. (at the latest) or meet at the trail head by 5:45 p.m.
To get to the trail head, take 119 south from Nederland for approx 3/4 miles to the trail head on the west side of the road. You can also follow Magnolia Rd, cross 119 and you are at the parking lot.
Dinner will follow at the Wild Mtn BBQ in Nederland. Delicious bbq (even for vegetarians) and beer.
Important Info about the Rides:
- The rides are free and open to everyone - you do not have to be a BMA member to participate in our rides.
- Our rides are "girls only - no drop" rides. All levels are welcome. There is no pressure to ride above your ability.
- All riders MUST wear a helmet, bring water, and have a trail-ready bike. Riders should also carry the usual basics: spare tube(s), a pump, tire levers, a chain tool, and basic allen wrenches.
- All riders ride at their own risk, group leaders take no responsibility for rider safety/injury.
- Riders must sign a liability waiver once during the season. If this is your first ride of the season, please bring a signed waiver with you or be prepared to complete one at the meeting spot.
- Rides launch at 6:00 p.m. so be at the trail head, dressed and ready to roll by 5:45 p.m.
- If the weather is iffy (as it has been lately) make sure to check the blog after 3:00 p.m. on Thursdays for updated info.
- Please don't be shy about coming out - all of us love biking and would like to hang out with girls that are interested in biking.
- For permitting and planning purposes, please post your name in the comment field if you plan to join us. The comment field is also great for planning carpools, etc.