Meet at The Justice Center parking lot at 6th and Canyon in Boulder to carpool. This will be a late night, so I’d like for all the carpoolers to leave Boulder by 5:15p. I know this time can be a challenge with work schedules, so please plan accordingly and see if you can leave a few minutes early (maybe go in early to make up for it). If you can’t make it to the carpool spot in time, please meet us at the trailhead and be ready to ride at 6:00p. If this is your first ride with us, please print out a liability waiver (below) and bring it with you.
The map isn't very detailed so here are the driving directions:
From the intersection of Broadway and Canyon in Boulder, go 16 miles west up Canyon Road (Highway 119) to Nederland (you could also take Sugarloaf Rd to the Peak to Peak Hwy). Take the second exit from the traffic circle, heading north on CO 72/Peak to Peak Highway and go 7 miles north. Turn left onto County Road116 (there is a sign for the University of Colorado Research Station at this point) go about .5 mile to the parking lot on the left, trail starts across the road. (Map)
It might be difficult to get back in time for dinner, so we’ll play this by ear……
- Important Info about the Rides:
All riders MUST wear a helmet, bring water, and have a trail-ready bike. Riders should also carry the usual basics: spare tube(s), a pump, tire levers, a chain tool, and basic Allen wrenches.
- All riders ride at their own risk, group leaders take no responsibility for rider safety/injury.
- Riders must sign a liability waiver once during the season. If this is your first ride of the season, please bring a signed waiver with you or be prepared to complete one at the meeting spot.
- Rides launch at 6:00 p.m. so be at the trailhead by 5:45 p.m., dressed and ready to roll by 6 p.m.
- If the weather is iffy, make sure to check the blog after 3:00 p.m. on Thursdays for updated info.
- Please don't be shy about coming out - all of us love biking and would like to hang out with girls that are interested in biking.
- For permitting and planning purposes, please post your name in the comment section if you plan to join us. The comment section is also great for planning carpools, etc.
If you cannot access the blog post, let us know you'll be there by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hope to see you on Thursday!