Ride is CANCELED! Radar shows some nastiness coming our way. Sorry all! Have a good weekend.
In all likelihood, the ride will be canceled tonight due to severe thunderstorm warnings. If the weather is nasty around 5:15 p.m. assume that it is canceled, if it looks okay (some clouds, no lightening or hail) to the west than we will likely ride. I will be at the Justice Center at 5:05 unless it is evident that the ride is off. Sorry to be on the fence, but the last time I canceled a ride, the sun came out!
Join us for the first beginner's ride of the summer! Even if you are an advanced rider, you will love the Switzerland trail's scenic aspen glades and mountain views. Not to mention, it will be a whole lot cooler up on the trail then down in town!
The Switzerland Trail off of Sugarloaf Road, winds it's way through the forest along an abandoned narrow-gauge railroad bed. The trail is fairly smooth with some rocks to keep you paying attention, but is a gradual non-technical ascent. We will ride out as far as we want and then return via the same route- downhill to the cars.
Last week we saw lots of new faces and people that were new to mountain biking! We hope to see many of you again and to meet lots of new people! If you are just starting to mountain bike this is the ride for you!!
To get to the trail head, turn right on Sugarloaf and climb approx 5 miles to Sugarloaf Mountain Road. Turn right and climb about 1 mile to a parking area at the junction of the Switzerland trail, at the base of Sugarloaf Mountain. Please try to carpool, because the parking area will fill quickly.
It takes 25-30 minutes to get to the trailhead.
Dinner and drinks will follow at the Happy Noodle House on Walnut.
Important Info about the Rides:
1. All riders MUST wear a helmet, bring water, and have a trail-ready bike. Riders should also carry the usual basics: spare tube(s), a pump, tire levers, a chain tool, and basic allen wrenches.
2. All riders ride at their own risk, group leaders take no responsibility for rider safety/injury.
3. Riders must sign a liability waiver once during the season. If this is your first ride of the season, please bring a signed waiver with you or be prepared to complete one at the meeting spot.
4. Rides launch at 6:00 p.m. so be at the trail head by 5:45 p.m., dressed and ready to roll by 6 p.m.
5. If the weather is iffy (as it has been lately) make sure to check the blog after 3:00 p.m. on Thursdays for updated info.
6. Please don't be shy about coming out - all of us love biking and would like to hang out with girls that are interested in biking.
7. For permitting and planning purposes, please post your name in the comment field if you plan to join us. The comment field is also great for planning carpools, etc. If you can not access the blog post, let us know you'll be there by emailing us at email@example.com.
Hope to see you on Thursday!
Email me if you have any questions – bmagirls.rideleader @ gmail.com